MaxQ 5000 shaker are versatile incubated/refrigerated units featuring a easy side access drain system making cleaning spills easy and retractable foot casters to easily position the shaker in the lab.
The MAX Q 5000 Floor Model Shaker features a foot pedal for hands-free operation and a large slanted viewing window to check the progress.
- Easily accommodate six 4L flasks, four 6L flasks, or six 2800mL Fernbach flasks
- Wide temperature range: 10°C above ambient to 60°C on incubated models, 15°C below ambient to 60°C on refrigerated models
- Monitor and control chamber temperature range with ±0.1°C accuracy at 37°C
- Overtemperature safety feature with independent thermostat provides additional backup by controlling heat if main temperature controller fails
- Triple eccentric drive handles heavy loads, uniform agitation and continuous 24 hr. operation, even at high speeds
- Drip pan built into the chamber floor under the platform contains spills
- Optional shelf provides additional storage space and convenience when switching flasks
- Access ports provided through side of cabinet wall for probes, thermocouples or sensors
- Optional gassing manifold enables direct gassing into flasks for anaerobic cultures
- Perform timed studies with timed operation from 1 to 60 minutes or operate shaker in continuous mode
- Variable speed control from 15 to 500rpm
- Continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hour up to 999 hours or 0.1 to 999 min.
- View speed, time and temperature simultaneously on three separate LED digital displays
- Visual/audible alarms alert to temperature deviations; heat turns off if temperature deviates ±1°C of setpoint
- Shaker shutdown and audible/visual alarms signal if unit operates ±10% of set speed, preventing the shaker from walking
- Soft-start feature eliminates sudden starts and stops, splashing of vessel contents or wetting of flask closure
- User-adjustable speed calibration can be performed using a digital handheld tachometer, where verification is required and protocols can be standardized
- Unbalanced load sensor stops platform motion when excess vibration is detected and visual/audible alarms signal until condition is corrected
- Retains parameters during power failure and restarts unit automatically after power is restored
- Solid-state DC brushless motor is maintenance-free
- RS-232 interface allows remote monitoring of speed, time and temperature
Cell culture, Bacterial suspensions, Solubility studies, Staining and destaining, Extraction procedures, Washing procedures, Plant growth, Hybridizations, General mixing, Plasmid purification, Protein expression.
Certifications: cUL, UL, CE